Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/gungeek/public_html/forums/header.php on line 587
GunGeek.Net Forums
Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Member GunGeek.Net Banner Exchange

HOME

GUN SHOWS

FORUMS

AUCTION

GUN SHOP

SEARCH ENGINE

CHAT

NEWS

GUN APPRASIALS

LINK TO US

GEEK WEAR

ARE YOU A GEEK?

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Enfield
poconoman

[*] posted on 6-13-2008 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Enfield

I have an Enfield Mk4 which I love. However, I bought a case of surplus ammo. Talk about hang fires! You pull the trigger and wait about 5 seconds and then BANG! Has anyone else had the same problems with surplus ammo in this gun?
.45ACP1911lover

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by poconoman
I have an Enfield Mk4 which I love. However, I bought a case of surplus ammo. Talk about hang fires! You pull the trigger and wait about 5 seconds and then BANG! Has anyone else had the same problems with surplus ammo in this gun?

hang fires have nothing to do with the gun, its all about the ammo. where is the ammo from?. how old is it?. does the container it came in have water damage?. The biggest thing with the Enfield rifle is whether the firing pin is too short.
poconoman

[*] posted on 2-27-2010 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote

I know it must be the ammo. It was surplus stuff from the 50's. I bought a new box of Sellier & Bellot and no more problems. I did check the firing pin and you were right. It was on the short side. I had a new pin put in just to be on the safe side. Thanks!
Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top

©2009 GunGeek.Net - All Rights Reserved

[queries: 15]
[PHP: 82.9% - SQL: 17.1%]